OHM'S Law

Ohm’s law states that in a closed circuit the current is directed proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to the resistance.  When temperature is constant
It is expressed in the form of an equation as :
   I α V     ……………. (i)
   I α I/R …………….. (ii)
Where V = Voltage in Volts
              I = Current in Amperes
              R = Resistance in ohms
From Equation (i) & (ii) we have
I α V/R     or I = V/R
From the above equation, if any two quantities are know , the third can be found :
I = V/R
V = IR
R = V/I

Example:
What will be the current passing through a resistance of 100 Ω if the supply is 200 volts.
Solution:
Supply voltage (V) = 200 V
Resistance (R) = 1000 Ω
Then Current (I) = ?
As per Ohm’s law, we know:-
I = V/R
  = 200/100
 = 2 A     (Ans.)

No comments:

Post a Comment